Get New Updates Alerts Through Whatsapp, FB & G+ Join Our Official Pages
Download Compendium General English By B.B. Jain – English is indeed a difficult language to learn, and the rules of Formal and Applied Grammar and Usage which govern it are equally difficult for the learner to understand and apply correctly. This is more so because there are many exceptions to most of the rules. The learner would therefore need not only an explication of the rules but also a large number of illustrative examples and exercises for practice. This point has been kept in mind all through the course of writing of this book. The book has, therefore, turned out to be not only a complete Textbook of Grammar, but also a comprehensive Desk-book for practice.
The book is designed to be all-comprehensive in its range and scope. It has 45 Chapters which, as the contents would show, cover practically all aspects of Applied Grammar, Usage, Word-Formation, Comprehension, and Composition. It represents a synthesis of the traditional and structural methods to teach the learner how to read, write, and speak English correctly, idiomatically and fluently. While dealing with the grammatical and structural problems under various chapters, special attention has been paid to the intricate and ticklish problems which even the advanced students have to face. These problems relate particularly to the correct use of Syntax, Articles, Prepositions, Auxiliaries, Non-Finite Verbs, Position of Adverbs, Tense and Time sense, and Phrasal expressions. Due attention has also been paid to the special requirements of the candidates appearing at various competitive examinations at the State and Central levels.
It is confidently hoped that the book would serve as a complete and practical textbook and manual of English Grammar, Usage and Comprehension to the candidates preparing for the various University and competitive examinations throughout the country.
Compendium General English By B.B. Jain – Book PDF Free Download
1. Some Basic Concepts
- Letters, Syllables, Phrases and Sentences
- Kinds of Sentences
- Parts of Speech
- Agreement of the Verb with the Subject
- Some Exceptions
- Collective Noun and the Verb
- Some Typical Nouns and the Verb
- Relative Pronoun and the Verb
- Numeral Expressions and the Verb
- Quantitative Expressions and the Verb
- Verb ‘to be’ and the Complement
- Nouns/Pronouns and Possessive Adjectives
- Kinds of Articles
- Forms of Indefinite Article : ‘a’ or ‘an’
- Uses of Indefinite Article
- Uses of Definite Article
- Omission of Articles
- Position of Articles
- Formation of Genders
- Conversion of Numbers
- Formation of Possessive Case
- Correct Use of Nouns : Rules
- Forms of Pronouns
- Correct Use of Pronouns : Personal Pronouns
- Pronoun ‘It’/’This’
- Relative Pronouns
- Compound Relative Pronouns
- Omission of Relative Pronouns
- Reflexive Pronouns
- Interrogative Pronouns
- Kinds of Adjectives
- Position of Adjectives
- Degrees of Adjectives
- Correct Use of Adjectives : Positive Degree Adjectives
- Comparative Degree Adjectives
- Superlative Degree Adjectives
- Some Other Typical Adjectives
- Kinds of Adverbs
- Degrees of Adverbs
- Position of Adverbs
- Some Typical Adverbs
- Some Common Rules
- Forms of Preposition
- Functional Types of Preposition
- Use of Prepositions : Their Place
- Omission of Preposition
- Wrong Use of Prepositions
- Some Typical Prepositions
- Preposition + Gerund
- The Same Word followed by Different Prepositions
- Different Forms of Words followed by Different Prepositions 155
- List of Appropriate Prepositions
- (a) Nouns followed by Prepositions
- (b) Adjectives and Participles followed by Prepositions
- (c) Verbs followed by Prepositions
- Correlative Conjunctions
- Uses of Conjunctions
- Functional Conjunctions
- Kinds of Verbs
- Auxiliary/Modal Verbs : Their Functions
- Verbs ‘To be’ : Am, Is, Are, Was, Were.
- Shall/Should, Will/Would
- Used to
- Two Auxiliaries and Principal Verb
B. B. Jain
Publisher: Upkar Prakashan
Visitor Kindly Note : This website is created solely for the engineering students and graduates to download an engineering e-books, Competitive Study Notes & other Study materials for free of cost. EasyEngineering team try to Helping the students and others who cannot afford buying books is our aim. If You think this Study Material/Book is Useful, Please Get It Legally from the publishers & If you feel good Share this Website with Others.
Disclaimer : EasyEngineering does not own this book/materials, neither created nor scanned. we provide the links which is already available on the internet. For any quarries, Disclaimer are requested to kindly contact us - [email protected], We assured you we will do our best. We DO NOT SUPPORT PIRACY, this copy was provided for students who are financially troubled but deserving to learn. Thank you
Click below the link “DOWNLOAD” to save the Book/Material (PDF)
Kindly Note : For Security purpose (Spam Protections), You need to Verify the below Captcha to Active your Download Link.
DOWNLOAD – Compendium General English By B.B. Jain – Free Download PDF
IS THIS MATERIAL IS HELPFUL, KINDLY SHARE IT & RATE IT
We need Your Support, Kindly Share this Web Page with Other Friends
If you have any Engg study materials with you kindly share it, It will be useful to other friends & We Will Publish The Book Submitted By You Immediately Including The Book Credits (Your Name) Soon After We Receive It (If The Book Is Not Posted Already By Us)
If You Think This Materials Is Useful, Please get it legally from the PUBLISHERS.
A GOOD MATERIAL ALONG WITH WELL EXPLAINED TEXTBOOKS PLAYS A KEY ROLE IN FETCHING APPRECIABLE GOOD RANK.
WISHING EVERY PERSON WHO GETS THIS MATERIAL FROM OUR SITE ALL THE VERY BEST !!
DISCLAIMER : I am not the original publisher of this Book/Material on net. This e-book/Material has been collected from other sources of net.
Thank you for visiting my thread. Hope this post is helpful to you. Have a great day !
Kindly share this post with your friends to make this exclusive release more useful.