Get New Updates Alerts Through Facebook & G+ Join Our Official Pages
Download Irrigation Engineering And Hydraulic Structures By Santosh Kumar Garg – The book is designed to cover the major ﬁelds of agricultural and environmental engineering such as weather, plant, soil, water, and basics of on-farm water management. The book will be quite useful for the students of agricultural engineering. Students of other related branches of engineering sciences, and engineers working in the ﬁeld and at research institutes will also be beniﬁted. The book may serve as a text book for the students and as a practical hand-book for the practitioners and researchers in the ﬁeld of irrigation and on-farm water management. Utilization of the recent literature in the area and citation of relevant journals / reports have added a special value to this book. Considering the topics covered, engineers, scientists, practitioners, and educators will ﬁnd this book as a valuable resource.
This comprehensive and compact presentation of the book will serve as a text book for undergraduate students in Agricultural Engineering, Biological Systems Engineering, Bio-Science Engineering, Water Resource Engineering, and, Civil & Environmental Engineering. It will also be helpful for the students of relevant ﬁelds such as Agronomy, Biological Sciences, Meteorology, Ecology and Hydrology. Although the target audience of the book is undergraduate students, post-graduate students will also be beneﬁted from the book. It will also serve as a reference manual for ﬁeld engineers, researchers and extension workers working in the above mentioned ﬁelds.
Water is the scarcest resource. Importance of judicious use of water in agricultural sector for sustaining agricultural growth and to retard environmental degradation needs no elaboration. Judicious use of water for crop production requires knowledge of weather, soil, crop, water quality, and drainage situation. Increasing efﬁciency in conveyance and pumping systems also are of great concerns. Irrigation management strategy practiced in normal soils may not appropriate in problematic soils such as saline soils and drought prone areas. It is also utmost important to pay attention to the economics in production system and all aspects of supply & demand management of water. This book covers all of the above aspects. In addition, the book covers some recent dimensions such as pollution from agricultural ﬁelds, modeling in irrigation & water management, and application of geographical information system (GIS) in irrigation & water management.
- Irrigation Techniques and Quality of Irrigation Water
- Water Requirements of Crops
- Canal Irrigation System
- Sediment Transport and Design of Irrigation Channels
- Lining of irrigation Canals and Economics of Lining
- Reclaimation of Water-Logged and Saline Soils for Agricultural Purpose
- Hydrology and Runoff Computations for Design of Hydraulic Structures across Rivers and Streams
- Rivers, Their Behaviour, Control and Training
- Diversion Head Works
- Hydraulic Jump and Its usefulness in the design of Irrigation Structures
- Theories of Seepage and Design of Weirs and Barrages
- Canal Falls
- Regulators Modules, and Miscellaneous Canal Structures
- Cross Drainage Works
- Construction of Culverts and Small Road Bridges Across Drains and Canals
- Ground Water Hydrology and Construction of Wells and Tubewells
- Dams in General and few Dams in Particular
- Reservoirs and Planning for Dam Reservoirs
- Design and Construction of Gravity Dams
- Earthen Dams and Rock Fill Dams
- Spillways, Energy Dissipators, and Spillway Gates
- Types of Crest Gates
- Outlet Works Through Dams and River Intakes
- Pressure Conduits
- Hydro-electric Power
- River Navigation
- Tank Irrigation
- Arch and Buttress Dams
- Irrigation Revenue Rates
- Chapter wise Multi choice Objective Questions
- Test Paper On Objective Questions
- Important Information To Students On UPSC Competitions and Conventional Questions Of Past Years
- Objective Questions Of Engineering Service Exams 33. Objective Questions Of AMIE Exams (New Scheme)
Friends Kindly Note : This website is created solely for the engineering students and graduates to download a huge collection of engineering e-books, Gate Notes & other Study materials for free of cost. EasyEngineering team try to Helping the students and others who cannot afford buying books is our aim. If You think this Study Material/Book is Useful, Please Get It Legally & Share this Website with Others.
Click below the link “DOWNLOAD” to save the Book/Material (PDF)
DOWNLOAD – Irrigation Engineering And Hydraulic Structures By Santosh Kumar Garg – Free Download PDF
IS THIS MATERIAL IS HELPFUL, KINDLY SHARE IT & RATE IT
We need Your Support, Kindly Share this Web Page with Other Friends
If you have any Engg study materials with you kindly share it, It will be useful to other friends & We Will Publish The Book Submitted By You Immediately Including The Book Credits (Your Name) Soon After We Receive It (If The Book Is Not Posted Already By Us)
If You Think This Materials Is Useful, Please get it legally from the PUBLISHERS.
A GOOD MATERIAL ALONG WITH WELL EXPLAINED TEXTBOOKS PLAYS A KEY ROLE IN FETCHING APPRECIABLE GOOD RANK.
WISHING EVERY PERSON WHO GETS THIS MATERIAL FROM OUR SITE ALL THE VERY BEST !!
DISCLAIMER : I am not the original publisher of this Book/Material on net. This e-book/Material has been collected from other sources of net.
Thank you for visiting my thread. Hope this post is helpful to you. Have a great day !
Kindly share this post with your friends to make this exclusive release more useful.