Get New Updates Alerts Through Facebook & G+ Join Our Official Pages
Download Operation and Control in Power Systems By P.S.R. Murty – In power system engineering, practically all results of modern control theory can be applied. Such an application will result in a more economical, more convenient and higher service quality operation and in less inconvenience in the case of abnormal conditions. For its analytical treatment, control system design generally requires the determination of a mathematical model from which the control strategy can be derived. While much of the control theory postulates that a model of the system is available, it is also necessary to have a suitable technique to determine the models for the process to be controlled. It is therefore essential to model and identify power system components using both physical relationships and experimental or normal operating data. The objective of system identification is the determination of a mathematical model that characterizes the operation of a system in some form. The available information is either system output or a function of the system output. The input may be a known function applied for the purpose of identification, or an unknown function which could possibly be monitored, or a combination of both.
The planning of the operation and control of isolated or interconnected power systems present a large variety of challenging problems. Solving these requires the application of several mathematical techniques from various sources at the appropriate process step. Moreover, the knowledge of optimization techniques and optimal control methods is essential to understand the multi-level approach that is used.
Operation and Control in Power Systems is an introductory course text for undergraduate students in electrical and mechanical engineering. In fifteen chapters, it deals with the operation and control of power systems, ranging from load flow analysis to economic operation, optimal load flow, unit commitment, load frequency, interconnected systems, voltage and reactive power control and advanced topics. Various models that are needed in analysis and control are discussed and presented through out the book. This second edition has been extended with mathematical support material and with methods to prevent voltage collapse. It also includes more advanced topics in power system control, such as the effect of shunt compensators, controllable VAR generation and switching converter type VAR generators.
- Discusses models and mathematical explanations needed in analysis and control
- Contains illustrations that make the material accessible to students
- Includes extended mathematical support material and methods to prevent voltage collapse
- Provides exercises and solutions at the end of the volume
- Covers advanced topics in power system control, such as the effect of shunt compensators, controllable VAR generation, and switching converter type VAR generators
2 Load Flow Analysis
3 Economic Operation of Power Systems
4 Optimal Load Flow
5 Unit Commitment
6 Load Frequency Control
7 Control of Interconnected Systems
8 Voltage and Reactive Power Control
9 Introduction to Advanced Topics
Answers to Objective Questions
Dr. P.S.R. Murty obtained his PhD degree in Electrical Engineering from the Technical University in Berlin. He has worked for over four decades in the university education of electrical engineering students at several institutes. He is currently the Director of the School of Electrical Engineering at Shreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology in Hyderabad, India.
- Publisher: CRC Press
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0415665655
- ISBN-13: 978-0415665650
Friends Kindly Note : This website is created solely for the engineering students and graduates to download a huge collection of engineering e-books, Gate Notes & other Study materials for free of cost. EasyEngineering team try to Helping the students and others who cannot afford buying books is our aim. If You think this Study Material/Book is Useful, Please Get It Legally & Share this Website with Others.
Click below the link “DOWNLOAD” to save the Book/Material (PDF)
DOWNLOAD – Operation and Control in Power Systems By P.S.R. Murty – Free Download PDF
IS THIS MATERIAL IS HELPFUL, KINDLY SHARE IT & RATE IT
We need Your Support, Kindly Share this Web Page with Other Friends
If you have any Engg study materials with you kindly share it, It will be useful to other friends & We Will Publish The Book Submitted By You Immediately Including The Book Credits (Your Name) Soon After We Receive It (If The Book Is Not Posted Already By Us)
If You Think This Materials Is Useful, Please get it legally from the PUBLISHERS.
A GOOD MATERIAL ALONG WITH WELL EXPLAINED TEXTBOOKS PLAYS A KEY ROLE IN FETCHING APPRECIABLE GOOD RANK.
WISHING EVERY PERSON WHO GETS THIS MATERIAL FROM OUR SITE ALL THE VERY BEST !!
DISCLAIMER : I am not the original publisher of this Book/Material on net. This e-book/Material has been collected from other sources of net.
- Click Here To Download Subject Wise Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE) Textbooks Huge Collection
- Click Here To Download Subject Wise Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) Textbooks Huge Collection
- Click Here To Download Subject Wise Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE) IES GATE TANCET PSU”s & GOVT Exams Study Materials Huge Collection
- Click Here To Download Subject Wise Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) IES GATE TANCET PSU”s & GOVT Exams Study Materials Huge Collection
- Click Here To Download Subject wise Anna University Semester wise Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE) Study Material
- Click Here To Download Subject wise Anna University Semester wise Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) Study Material
- Click Here To Download Other Departments Study Materials
Thank you for visiting my thread. Hope this post is helpful to you. Have a great day !
Kindly share this post with your friends to make this exclusive release more useful.