Get New Updates Alerts Through Whatsapp, FB & G+ Join Our Official Pages
Download Electric Power Substations Engineering By John D. McDonald – The use of electric power substations in generation, transmission, and distribution remains one of the most challenging and exciting areas of electric power engineering. Recent technological developments have had a tremendous impact on all aspects of substation design and operation. With 80% of its chapters completely revised and two brand-new chapters on energy storage and Smart Grids, Electric Power Substations Engineering, Third Edition provides an extensive updated overview of substations, serving as a reference and guide for both industry and academia. Contributors have written each chapter with detailed design information for electric power engineering professionals and other engineering professionals (e.g., mechanical, civil) who want an overview or specific information on this challenging and important area.
- Emphasizes the practical application of the technology
- Includes extensive use of graphics and photographs to visually convey the book’s concepts
- Provides applicable IEEE industry standards in each chapter
- Is written by industry experts who have an average of 25 to 30 years of industry experience
- Presents a new chapter addressing the key role of the substation in Smart Grids
Editor John McDonald and this very impressive group of contributors cover all aspects of substations, from the initial concept through design, automation, and operation. The book’s chapters―which delve into physical and cyber-security, commissioning, and energy storage―are written as tutorials and provide references for further reading and study.
As with the other volumes in the Electric Power Engineering Handbook series, this book supplies a high level of detail and, more importantly, a tutorial style of writing and use of photographs and graphics to help the reader understand the material. Several chapter authors are members of the IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES) Substations Committee and are the actual experts who are developing the standards that govern all aspects of substations. As a result, this book contains the most recent technological developments in industry practice and standards.
- How a Substation Happens, J. Burke and A.-M. Sahazizian
- Gas-Insulated Substations, P. Bolin
- Air-Insulated Substations—Bus/Switching Configurations, M.J. Bio
- High-Voltage Switching Equipment, D.L. Harris and D. Childress
- High-Voltage Power Electronic Substations, D. Retzmann and A. Mukherjee
- Interface Between Automation and the Substation, J.W. Evans
- Substation Integration and Automation, E. MacDonald
- Oil Containment, T. Meisner
- Community Considerations, J.H. Sosinski
- Animal Deterrents/Security, M. Stine
- Substation Grounding, R.P. Keil
- Direct Lightning Stroke Shielding of Substations, R.S. Nowell
- Seismic Considerations, E. Fujisaki
- Substation Fire Protection, D. Delcourt
- Substation Communications, D.E. Nordell
- Physical Security of Substations, J. Oglevie, W.B. Dietzman, and C. Smith
- Cyber Security of Substation Control and Diagnostic Systems, D. Thanos
- Gas-Insulated Transmission Line, H. Koch
- Substation Asset Management, H.L. Willis and R.E. Brown
- Station Commissioning and Project Closeout, J. Burke and R. Clarke
- Energy Storage, R. Masiello
- Role of Substations in Smart Grids, S. Borlase, M.C. Janssen, M. Pesin, and B. Wojszczyk
John D. McDonald is an affiliate of GE Energy in Duluth, Georgia, USA.
- Publisher: CRC Press
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1439856389
- ISBN-13: 978-1439856383
Friends Kindly Note : This website is created solely for the engineering students and graduates to download a huge collection of engineering e-books, Gate Notes & other Study materials for free of cost. EasyEngineering team try to Helping the students and others who cannot afford buying books is our aim. If You think this Study Material/Book is Useful, Please Get It Legally & Share this Website with Others.
Click below the link “DOWNLOAD” to save the Book/Material (PDF)
DOWNLOAD – Electric Power Substations Engineering By John D. McDonald – Free Download PDF
IS THIS MATERIAL IS HELPFUL, KINDLY SHARE IT & RATE IT
We need Your Support, Kindly Share this Web Page with Other Friends
If you have any Engg study materials with you kindly share it, It will be useful to other friends & We Will Publish The Book Submitted By You Immediately Including The Book Credits (Your Name) Soon After We Receive It (If The Book Is Not Posted Already By Us)
If You Think This Materials Is Useful, Please get it legally from the PUBLISHERS.
A GOOD MATERIAL ALONG WITH WELL EXPLAINED TEXTBOOKS PLAYS A KEY ROLE IN FETCHING APPRECIABLE GOOD RANK.
WISHING EVERY PERSON WHO GETS THIS MATERIAL FROM OUR SITE ALL THE VERY BEST !!
DISCLAIMER : I am not the original publisher of this Book/Material on net. This e-book/Material has been collected from other sources of net.
- Click Here To Download Subject Wise Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE) Textbooks Huge Collection
- Click Here To Download Subject Wise Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) Textbooks Huge Collection
- Click Here To Download Subject Wise Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE) IES GATE TANCET PSU”s & GOVT Exams Study Materials Huge Collection
- Click Here To Download Subject Wise Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) IES GATE TANCET PSU”s & GOVT Exams Study Materials Huge Collection
- Click Here To Download Subject wise Anna University Semester wise Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE) Study Material
- Click Here To Download Subject wise Anna University Semester wise Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) Study Material
- Click Here To Download Other Departments Study Materials
Thank you for visiting my thread. Hope this post is helpful to you. Have a great day !
Kindly share this post with your friends to make this exclusive release more useful.